Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Proverbs 31 Ministries


Is there a mother out there on this planet who does not have a hard time fitting her daily quiet/devotion time in her hectic schedule?

If you know her, could you please give her my contact info? I could really use it!

I find that if somehow I oversleep or the kids interrupt my potential devotional time, my day  goes down hill. I need my precious time with my Savior. He gives me the patience and guidance to get through with some kind of sanity.

What do I do if I miss my time? I'm glad you asked!

There are two different ways I spend time with the Lord if I miss my quiet time or if I just need an extra time worshiping.
  1. I receive an emailed devotion from Proverbs 31 Ministries. The are short and sweet and generally just what I need to be reminded of. The writers are mothers, sisters, and friends. They have or are currently walking through the stage of life in which I am journeying through. It is quite a blessing and very little work. Coffee and Proverbs 31 email go great together! Click here to check it out!
  2. I really enjoy listening to KLOVE. It is a non-profit radio station that broadcasts all over the country. I really love how the Lord speaks to me and meets me just where I am. If I am in the kitchen washing dishes, the words are often spoken through the music. It is truly an incredible time of praise, worship and adoration. Click here to check it out!

How about you? Do you have any good hints on how you fit your quiet time/devotional time into your hectic schedule? I'd love to hear!

For more useful tid bits of advice head on over to We Are That Family.

2 comments:

Kristenph said...

I certainly am not that illusive one who has got devotion time figured out :) Thank you for these helpful ideas!

I'm glad you like my stop watch idea. I agree it is a good idea for mothers too. Another similar thing that I do with my older daughter is we race to put the sheets on my bed. I have to put the sheets, blanket, and comforter on while she puts on 4 pillowcases. I used to be able to beat her, but no longer.

www.homeschoolblogger.com/kristenph

LaVonne said...

I also get a three minute devotion emailed to me in video form. I will check out that link though. I listen to our local Christian station at home since we don't have cable tv. It is a blessing too. With a 2 year old, it is not always easy to sit and read. I need to make more time though.

Blessings!

Post a Comment